We’ve been working hard on improving Windbound for you and we can’t thank you enough for your continuing support with reporting crashes and other issues you’ve experienced.
We’re very happy to announce that our latest patch has now gone live and there’s a lot to unpack with it!
This patch focuses primarily on:
- 'The Eternal Voyage
- Photo Mode
- Witch Skin Outfit and Weapon
- Additional Blessing slots
- Adjustments to Land and Ocean combat actions, creature combat AI pathing and physics, resourcing and Blessing Shrines
- Changes made to New Game+, Tutorials, fall damage, camera movement and boat damage calculations.
- Steam: 1.1.38199.301
- Epic: 1.1.38199.133
- GoG: 1.1.38199.110
- PS4: 01.03
- Xbox: 184.108.40.206
- Nintendo Switch: 1.4.0
- Stadia: 220.127.116.11165
Read on for the full DLC contents!
The Eternal Voyage
The Eternal Voyage offers players an Endless Play mode.
- Players can select this mode when they begin a new game.
- The game does not finish with Chapter 5.
- Death resets the player to the beginning of Chapter 1, retaining only their Blessings.
A Creative mode for keen video game photographers offering full control over camera position & orientation, field of view, exposure, time of day, and position of the sun.
- 20 different poses & expressions for Kara.
- 20 hats and accessories for Kara.
- A variety of filters, from black & white, to CRT, to Pastel.
- Accessible from the Pause Menu.
- Ideal for social media sharing.
Witch Skin items
These items will be available to players when they find a Pumpkin in the world. Finding a Pumpkin will reward players with one of the following Blessings as a reward for exploring.
- Witch Hat makes the effects of potions last longer.
- Witch Outfit allows players to respawn nearby after death (single use).
- Witch Staff – This staff is unbreakable, and fires target seeking magic orbs.
For existing save games, Pumpkins will appear in the next chapter the player reaches, for new save games Pumpkins will appear from Chapter 1.
Players can now buy additional Blessing Slots if they have enough Sea Shard currency, allowing you to get more out of the Blessings system quicker, rather than having to rely on randomly being offered a new Blessing slot to equip more than one item.
Additional Bug Fixes and Improvements
- New Game+ now resets to Chapter 1 but keep all player progress.
- Tutorials will now appear in the Tutorials Menu to review as they unlock, regardless of whether the player has them set to off so as not to show whilst playing.
- Reduced fall damage at low fall distances.
Crafting and Resourcing
- Resolved a bug where food degraded during The Crossing.
- Fixed a bug where you could craft items in the Meta Hub.
- Corrected an issue where pots and other destructibles would not smash when attacking them.
- Fixed an issue where “Gortl's Descent” blessing was not giving any Shards as a reward.
- Increased rewards from Blessing Shrines.
- Fixed an issue where fish and other items were immediately sinking to the bottom of the ocean making them impossible to collect.
- Fixed a timing issue with wood-cutting sounds, broadened the spread of mining sounds and corrected the harvesting sound on Green mineral outcrops.
- Fixed a bug where dismantling fires and cooking stations wasn’t giving players the items that were cooking/curing.
Ocean Combat, Sailing and Boat
- Boat impact damage calculations have been adjusted.
- Fixed an issue where boats sounded like they were taking damage when gently beaching, when they were not.
- Added a small grace period after Hookmouth attacks before applying further damage from subsequent attacks.
- Resolved an error where Kara could lose her weapon when a Hookmouth impacts her boat and throws her into the water.
- Fixed issue where Hookmouths could attack in shallow water.
- There was an issue where the Quick Select was visible when rowing/sailing (it’s not usable whilst rowing/sailing).
Combat and Weapons
- Resolved an issue with jittering combat camera.
- The combat camera will no longer travel through the floor.
- Fixed a bug where players could dodge while gliding.
- Fixed an issue with combat lock while gliding and falling.
- Allowed early dodge out of attacks, reduced time to regain movement control after attacking. Slight increase in backup stamina regen, slight reduction in stamina cost for Kara’s abilities.
- Resolved an issue where the Bastion Bow Field didn’t stop poison damage
- Poison now drains Kara’s stamina
- Fixed a bug where when a sling or bow broke it used up the ammo the player had without actually firing it. The sling/bow will now fire the projectile and then break.
- Locking on to a creature now correctly shows their name and health.
- Added further fixes to address creatures launching into space.
- Fixed issues where Plainstalkers would give up attacking after doing a dash attack.
- Resolved concerns with combat where Plainstalkers could get stuck in jump up or jump down states.
- Fixed an issue where Pondwhompers would abandon an attack part way through combat.
- Fixed instances where players were not being able to lock onto Tremorlurks properly.
- Resolved issues where Tremorlurks were not knowing that Kara is near.
- Slightly increased the anticipation time before a Tremorlurk bursts from ground
- Changed the minimum time from leaving the danger state to the danger music turning off from 3 seconds to 0.6 seconds, to help tighten-up the end of combat.
- Added Depth of Field effect on PS4.
- Fixed instances of PS4 audio popping.
- Resolved an issue on Xbox where achievements were re-triggering on subsequent loads.
Thanks for your continued feedback and bug reports. There are other issues that we’re still investigating:
- Sail sometimes spins for no reason.
- Continuing to follow up on bug reports, etc.
Thanks again for all your feedback. We’re working hard on Windbound to improve your experience!
5 Lives Studios