Thanks so much for playing Windbound and for sharing your enjoyment and experiences with us!
We have deployed an update for PC platforms (Epic and Steam with consoles to follow very soon), which include:
- New Game+
- Changes to inventory storage and inventory loss upon death.
- Adjustments to food duration and Stamina
- Steam: 1.0.37112
- GoG: 1.0.37112
- Epic: 1.0.37112
Read on for the full update contents!
- After finishing the game players can now continue in the same slot from Chapter 1 with all their blessings in a New Game+ mode. This mode does not replay the intro cut-scene.
- We’ve added auto-saving as you acquire each Nautilus key.
- We’ve also added an additional auto-save as you use the final Nautilus key before Kara enters The Crossing.
- We already auto-saved when you successfully emerge from The Crossing and begin the next chapter, and this remains the case.
Storyteller vs Survivalist
We’ve renamed Storyteller to Adventurer mode and updated the description of the difficulty modes to make the difference between the two modes clearer. This is in English first, but localised text will follow.
- This is now the default mode when you start a new game.. Full inventory is retained upon death.
- Boat is retained upon death, go through the portal and you’ll be reunited with it.
- Chapter progress is retained upon death, no more going back to Chapter 1.
- Combat difficulty is easier than in Survivalist Mode.
- This is the classic Roguelike mode.
- Only items in "Held" inventory slots are retained upon death
- Boat is lost upon death.
- Return to Chapter 1 upon death.
- Standard combat difficulty.
- Berries and mushrooms will last for 40 minutes instead of 30.
- All raw meat will last for 30 minutes instead of 20.
- All cooked meat will last for 50 minutes instead of 30.
- “Food has degraded” prompts were intended as regular warnings that the food is slowly going bad, causing player confusion about food degradation timing. We've reduced the frequency of the prompts so it only starts to warn the player about food degrading when it gets down to 33%. And we’ll be making the phrasing clearer pending localisation.
- Increased the backup stamina recharge rate by 25%.
- Reduced time to recover from dodging when you have no stamina by 50%, so Kara should be able to get moving again in combat much quicker.
- Grass Container now has 5 slots, up from 3.
- Bamboo Container now has 9 slots, up from 5.
- Wood Container now has 12 slots, up from 7.
Additional Bug Fixes
- Fixed an intermittent crash in shadow culling.
- There was a bug in the Gameplay Options menu that if you reset to default options it reverted difficulty to Survivalist as well. This has now been fixed.
- Fixed instances where player progression was blocked climbing some towers.
- didn’t give a fair chance at avoiding it, this has been fixed and coral is now visible from a further distance.
- Fixed an issue where Koji Berries were sometimes not appearing in player inventory.
- Fixed the Ancestors outfit not appearing wet after Kara has been in water.
- Corrected a number of Achievement descriptions.
- Fixed a bug with the Pro Skater achievement where sometimes it would not correctly trigger despite the boat catching air for longer than 2 seconds.
- Removed an unintentional feature where F11 would toggle the UI off/on. Players accidentally did this and had no idea how to bring it back.
- Fixed an issue where player settings were not always being properly being applied.
- Added the TAB key to be the default crafting menu button, ~ key still works as well.
- Improvements to game loading time.
- Fixed potential memory leak when saving game.
- Fixed issue where 2 held item slots contents could be lost on death if the player had the “Arms of Imakl” blessing.
We’re resolving issues as quickly as we can, so if you do experience a crash after this update you send us your log and crash dump files. Send them through to https://support.deepsilver.com/games/WBND or email@example.com.
Thank for all your feedback and your patience.
5 Lives Studios